|Black Horse Chambers
231 Elliott Street, Tyldesley, Manchester, M29 8DG
|Company||Chartered Accountants based in Tyldesley for 20 years. Continuing to expand. Excellent client relationships. Provide a range of services to clients including tax Returns / annual accounts / bookkeeping / payroll / VAT returns / computer support etc.
|Job Description||We are looking for an experienced and hardworking individual to join our team. A role has arisen for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. You will be working with a wide portfolio of clients providing bookkeeping services for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. A highly varied role which will include
– Bank & cash reconciliations
– Maintaining purchase and sales ledgers
– Preparation and submission of VAT returns
– Liaising with clients on a daily basis via email, telephone and occasionally face to face to resolve queries
– Preparing accounts to trial balance stage
– Calculating & checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
Personal Attribute requirements
– Excellent organisational skills, IT and number skills
– Strong communication skills both written and verbal
– Ability to prioritise projects and good problem solving skills
– Conscientious, pays high attention to detail
– Ability to work efficiently and to keep to deadlines under pressure
– Excellent attendance and timekeeping essential
– Previous experience within an accounts environment
– Hands on experience of working with spreadsheets
– Enthusiastic, professional manner
– Understanding of CIS, Payroll, iXbrl submissions advantageous
|Computer Software||Fully competent with Excel as well as other Microsoft programs
Knowledge and use of accounts specific software desirable
|Prospects||The role will develop as experience grows and internal training will be provided to support the individuals progress. We have a large number of clients and there will be opportunities to progress in a variety of different areas within the accountancy profession.
|Qualifications||Minimum GCSEs in Maths & English (A-B) or equivalent
AAT / equivalent or by experience
|Hours||Full time or part time hours available
|Holidays||4 weeks plus statutory
|Closing Date||Applications should be received in writing by Friday 5th October 2018 direct to our office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jenny
This is new legislation and affects EVERY employer. It is compulsory by law for all employers to provide a workplace pension scheme. You have probably seen the adverts on TV and may have received letters from the Pensions Regulator.
All employers must offer all employees the option to join a workplace pension.
Have you reached your staging date yet? A number of our clients have already passed their staging dates and we have been able to support them with their auto-enrolment requirements. We are now calculating their pension contributions and also liaising with their chosen pension providers making it easier for them.
The staging dates are coming sooner and sooner and are now affecting smaller employers. If you have any employees, even if you have no PAYE scheme, you must offer for your employees to join your pension scheme.
Before you reach your staging date, you MUST:
All this should happen BEFORE you reach your staging date.
If you would like any help or would like to discuss the new legislation, contact Jenny, Ron or Sue today in our offices to find out more about your requirements.
To find out more information on auto-enrolment visit the pensions regulator site: www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk